Monday 14 January 2013

New Year, New Diet

Like most others at this time of year I’m always optimistic that I’ll lose a few pounds that have built up over Christmas (who am I kidding, built up over the past few years, and when I say pounds I mean stones!)




According to some statistics I heard on the Radio the other day, the third week of the year is when most New Year’s resolutions are broken, whether that be giving up drinking, giving up smoking or the most popular one in my house, dieting! So far my mum has been doing ok on the Slimming World diet but for me, I just can’t get myself into it. As much as I would like to be nice and slim before I go on holiday in April, I know deep down that it’s going to be tough with my lack of will power and bad influences from certain members of the office (aka Susan).

I doubt I will have any motivation to diet over the summer as when I return from my holiday in April its full steam ahead with the Cuffe & Taylor summer events which includes Lytham Proms Festival Weekend 2013 and the Runrig 40th Anniversary Concert which I'm really looking forward to.

With this in mind I thought I would try a ‘quick-fix’ diet to get me well on my way to achieving a temple body (Whats so funny?!) I know of a few people who are doing the Lighter Life diet and have had amazing results so far but at £70+ per week I’m reluctant to do it. When I asked a friend how she was finding this diet she said:

“It’s good but be prepared to eat a lot of dust!”


I have however come across a similar diet called the Cambridge diet which is fairly similar to Lighter Life, just a lot cheaper, so I have decided to give it a go, wish me luck!

P.S. When I go from looking like this….


....and start looking like this….


….I’ll post you a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment