Monday 29 October 2012

Christmas Sparkle



Now that the Halloween costume is out of the way I now have to start planning what to wear for the Cuffe & Taylor Christmas party! The Christmas party is shortly after the UK Festival Awards 2012 where Cuffe & Taylor have been nominated in the Best Small Festival category for Lytham Proms, so hopefully we will be celebrating that win. *crosses fingers*






 After my colleague Susan’s recent blog post about a black tie event that her and Peter attended last week I thought I would get ahead of the ‘outfit planning’ game by starting to look early. I can envisage my Christmas outfit already – it is a cross between a really slick tailored suit and an outfit from Strictly Come Dancing.

You may or may not know already but I do love abit of bling, actually I tell a lie, I love alot of bling! I recently bought myself a Sennheiser radio microphone system as a hobby of mine is singing. After informing my parents that I wanted to get it encrusted with Swarovski Elements my mum (aka Bevlaaaaar) responded with “Well if you’re going to do that can you not get black crystals so it’s not as in-your-face?!”

This is the look I’m going for......



......Not ‘in-your-face’ at all then!!

As Susan said in her recent outfit post – she always has something to fall back on. My fall back item would have to be my black Swarovski tie from Marks & Spencer (I can’t believe I just owned up to wearing M&S at 22 years of age). This tie however is not your usual M&S purchase; it gives me a subtle sparkle as it catches the light without overdoing it – perfect!

So until i learn to ‘self-bling’ or until Strictly Come Dancing’s wardrobe team start making high-street clothes my good old black blingy tie will have to suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment